Monday, January 18, 2010

Back At Work

I have been back at work pretty much full time since last Monday. I did rather well. The chemo hasn't bothered me too much except from soreness and ulcers in my mouth. I have somehow learned to live with that for the moment.
It was good to be back. After 10 months of absence it was great to feel productive again at the end of the day. It is a big step for me in returning to a 'normal' life again. Clint and I are planning a trip to a conference in New York in early February. I am looking forward to travelling with him again.
I have also spent a lot of time playing boardgames again with friends over the weekend. That has always been a big part of Angela's and my life and I take it as encouraging that I am getting interested in it again.
Life feels very different from a couple of months ago. I am still dealing with a lot of emotional issues but I don't feel the crushing weight of depression at the moment.
Feels good. Every day seems a bit easier than the previous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ERSTER! :)

das hört sich sehr, sehr gut an! Freue mich über die positive Entwicklung und die Rückkehr des passionierten Brettspieler Olaf. Wie ist mein Weihnachtsgeschenk? ;)

Hier alles Roger in Kambodscha. Ich und mein Computer sind gute Freunde geworden. Vielleicht erwisch ich dich endlch mal bei iChat.

Bussi!

Wendy Broadfoot said...

What a rocky road you have travelled for the past 10 months, and now life is back to normal (well sort of). Thank you, thank you, for sharing your incredible journey through hell and back, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that things have worked out so well for you. It is obvious that the prayers of ALL your friends and family have helped---I still can't believe that it has been 10 months--I am sure that it has felt like years to you. Take Care. I hope you can still check in with us on your blog, from time to time---I will miss being part of your life. (but I will be content knowing that no news is good news!)
All the best to you as you tackle all the new experiences coming your way!!!

Laura said...

I second the salute for sharing your journey in the blog. An open and honest report of a battle that was so challenging and daunting. What a relief it must be to have all that behind you and to be able to look forward to mundane things like gloomy Monday mornings, traffic and occasional annoying people as the worst things to look forward to.
I hope that soon all the physical ailments are relieved and that you are able to feel as strong and well as ever.
Congratulations Olaf. You are an inspiration.

Richard said...

HEY! Great news all round. Good to know that you're "coming back" from it all! I knew you WOULD! That's just you! Get in touch when you have a moment. I'm back from the trip and rested, thankfully. But back to you, buddy! I am thankful that all has worked out so well. My thoughts are always with you.
Love you!
Richard