Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Been 2 Weeks

So it's been 14 days since I got my Chemo treatment. I thought this might be a good time to let everyone know how things are going these days.

• My pain is a lot better. Before the treatment I had to take pain killers every 4 hours or so. Now there are often times when I totally forget about the cancer and I can go for most of the day without taking anything.
• My speaking and eating are getting better. I definitely notice a difference when eating. I get to use the right side of the mouth more and more. Chewing is noticeably better and less uncomfortable.
• The cancer is still there and it's still big. It does feel slightly smaller when touching it. Might just be wishful thinking. The area around it, however, is less swollen and less sensitive.
• I still have all my hair.
• I am more tired throughout the day. Exercise is harder but I'm still working out every day (Mostly running).
• I haven't really been nauseous since the first three days after the treatment. My appetite is good (I have gained a couple of pounds over the last two weeks).

I am scheduled for an appointment for July 9th where they will check my blood chemistry and probably administer the second round of Chemo shortly after that.

Well, so far so good.

2 comments:

Gene Fowler said...

Glad to hear things are going ok. I'm glad you've kept up the running my friend, if only I would do the same!

What do you mean, you still have all your hair? You really didn't have any to begin with!

by the way, my word verification for this comment post was naked bj.

big love,

gene

Laura said...

Isn't that fantastic that you've had some pain relief and that the cancer is getting smaller. That's such a terrific result and just from the first treatment.

You also have the collective minds of so many people sending positive energy your way.

You are Olaf Pyttlik and you are definitely loved.