Friday, July 10, 2009

Chemo Round 2 - Day 1

I was back in the comfortable chemo chair again this morning at 8:15. The routine was exactly the same a three weeks ago. I was given an IV through which different drugs of various colors and dosages dripped into my body. I was done at about 2:00 PM. I was in good spirits but slept through most of the day due to some drowsy side effects of some of the meds. Even though it was only my second time it felt already like a bit of a routine. I met some very nice patients there and we shared our stories. It's good to put one's own situation in perspective (i.e. I was told of a lady who had 47 cycles so far).
After that Angela and I went to the Folk Fest again. I felt very good overall and we were able to meet up with Donna, Dave and Hannah and our wonderful friends Gina and Theresa. We have spent most of our time at the festival with that group so far and they certainly made the time there more enjoyable (there is only so much hippie culture I can take on my own).
I will be back for day 2 of the treatment tomorrow afternoon and for the last one on Sunday afternoon.

Leilani sent me an email with a quote that she heard from a friend:
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

How true.

1 comment:

gina said...

Those happy hippies sure were hoppin' high in the aisles last night! Hope to see you again later today....and thanks again for the beer!