Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday

Today was an interesting day. I actually had two radiation appointments, one at 8:10 am and one at 3:00 pm. They are doing this because I missed a day on Monday due to the holiday. Apparently it is fine to do two sessions in a day as long as there are at least 6 hours in between.
The exciting part was that Laura's agency hired me a while ago to write a song for a MTS television special. She then thought it would be a good good idea to include a documentary about me and my daily life. So, I had my own entourage of a small camera crew for most of the day. Cancer Care was kind enough to grant permission to had the radiation filmed, after which we went to the studio for a few interviews, filmed me at the boxing club and finally got some footage with Angela and me at home. It was really a lot of fun but I have to admit that I was very tired by the time we were done in the early afternoon. I slept for a couple of hours and then we went to join he celebration of Donna's mom Elaine and her now husband Leonard's wedding that happened this afternoon. Unfortunately I was too tired to stick around for a long time so we got back after an hour or so of visiting. Congratulations Elaine and Leonard! I am extremely happy for both of you.
Over all I have to say that this treatment is effecting me a lot. I felt very nauseous and tired for the last couple of days. Unlike anything that I experienced during the induction chemo.
I am looking forward to an early bed time tonight..

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you for all your hard work today and for your gracious hosting as we poked into your life. It was a privilege and I'm so grateful to you and Angela, CancerCare and your boxing coach. The song is everything I was hoping for.

Clint said...

Did you duke it out with Harry in the ring? That would make you forget about the radiation at least...

gina said...

I saw a fascinating taekwondo demonstration at the Korean pavilion last night and thought of you and boxing. Keep 'fighting', friend.